It is amazing how much 3d printing has evolved over the past 10 years. I am hopeful for the future of this emerging technology and cannot wait to see the effects it will have on the medical industry. If you didn’t get a chance to read my latest In the Queue email, you can catch it here.
Let’s have a big round of applause for this month’s winner: K. Yost from Utah. That $250 Gift Card to Quickparts.com will really come in handy for an upcoming Stereolithography (SLA) project.
Here are the correct answers to this month’s challenge:
1. What was the name of the sheep that was the first animal cloned from an adult?
2. What is the name for the FBI’s database of DNA for convicted criminals?
The CODIS databank (Combined DNA Index System)
The DNAOCC databank (DNA of Convicted Criminals)
The Miescher databank
The Convicted Criminal DNA databank
3. Who was the first person to isolate DNA in 1869?
4. What holds the bases of DNA together?
5. What percentage of DNA do we share with chimpanzees?
6. How much of our genes are shared with siblings?
7. Who discovered the double helix model?
Rosalind Franklin and Raymond Gosling
James Watson and Francis Crick