Let’s have a big round of applause for this month’s winner: M. Marek from Texas. That $250 Gift Card to Quickparts.com will really come in handy for an upcoming Stereolithography (SLA) project.
Here are the correct answers to this month’s challenge:
1. What was the highest grossing movie of 2011?
A. The Hangover Part II
B. Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
C. Transformers: Dark of the Moon
D. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2
2. Who was credited as being the “most searched” person of 2011?
A. Kim Kardashian
B. Lady Gaga
C. Justin Bieber
D. Lindsay Lohan
3. After 30 years and 135 missions, the U.S. Space Shuttle program formally ended on August 31, 2011.
Which shuttle is credited with the highest number of missions (39)?
4. In 2011, Katy Perry became the first woman to have five #1 songs from one album (Teenage Dream).
Who is the only other artist that has accomplished this feat?
A. Elvis Presley
B. Lionel Ritchie
C. Michael Jackson
D. Michael Bolton
5. Demographers say it took until 1804 for the world to reach its first billion people and over a century more to hit 2 billion in 1927.
What milestone did the estimated world’s population surpass in October, 2011?
A. 6 Billion People
B. 7 Billion People
C. 8 Billion People
D. 9 Billion People
6. What celebrity set a new Guinness World Record for Twitter in 2011 by amassing 1 million followers in just over 24 hours?
A. Ashton Kutcher
B. Simon Cowell
C. Oprah Winfrey
D. Charlie Sheen
7. Whose suffered a “lyric malfunction” and botched the singing of the National Anthem at Super Bowl XLV in February, 2011?
A. Cyndi Lauper
B. Christina Aguilera
C. Janet Jackson
D. Scotty McCreery