Thanks for joining me on my undersea adventure through the Channel Tunnel. If you didn’t get a chance to read my latest In the Queue email, you can catch it here.
Let’s have a big round of applause for this month’s winner: S. Ranta from Washington. That $250 Stereolithography (SLA) credit at Quickparts.com will really come in handy for an upcoming project.
Here are the correct answers to this month’s challenge:
1. The Channel Tunnel between England and France is actually the second longest railway tunnel in the world. What is the world’s longest railway tunnel?: Seikan Tunnel, Japan
2. At 85 miles long and 13.5 feet wide, what is the world’s longest continuous underground tunnel?: Delaware Aqueduct, New York
3. Opened in 1950, which vehicle tunnel connecting Manhattan with Long Island and New Jersey is still the longest continuous underwater vehicular tunnel in the world?: Brooklyn Battery Tunnel
4. In the prison movie, The Shawshank Redemption, what does lead character Andy Dufresne use to slowly tunnel his escape route from his prison cell?: A rock hammer
5. What fast burrowing animal can dig a 300 foot tunnel overnight?: Mole
6. What city is considered to have the world’s oldest subway tunnel, built in 1844?: New York
7. As a follow up to his record breaking album Born in the USA from 1984, Bruce Springsteen released his 8th album in 1987. What was the name of this album?: Tunnel of Love
Thanks for playing.