I hope you had fun answering all of the Dam trivia we could throw at you this month. I know I learned a thing or two about how awe-inspiring and painstakingly hard it is to construct one of these momentous structures. If you didn’t get a chance to read my latest In the Queue email, you can catch it here.
Let’s have a big round of applause for this month’s winner: W. Williams from South Carolina. He will surely enjoy bringing along his NEW Digital SLR Camera for his next Dam outing and beyond.
Here are the correct answers to this month’s challenge:
1. Of the choices given, the one that is NOT a type of dam is a: Suspension Dam
2. The oldest remains of dams have been found in the country of: Jordan
3. Currently, the highest dam in the United States is: Oroville Dam
4. The state in the USA that is credited with having the highest registered number of dams is: Texas
5. Hoover Dam did NOT make a cameo appearance in the movie: The Fugitive
6. The structure that allows fish to bypass dams on their travel to their spawning grounds is called a: Fish Ladder
7. The oldest dam in the US national inventory is: Mill Pond Dam
8. The largest beaver dam ever recorded was approximately: 2,800 Feet Long
9. The number of construction workers believed to be tragically buried forever in the concrete at Hoover Dam is: Zero
10. The dam that generates the highest amount of electricity annually is: Itaipu Dam
Thanks for playing. Please stay tuned for my next adventure when I float off on my first Space mission!